And now, the semi-traditional list of links and other information for problems that might crop up that should go on the website one of these days; please try these first, especially if you're using Windows:
- If you're in Firefox 4 or 5 and you don't see the bar at the bottom with the LJlogin stuff, go to View → Toolbars and check on the Add-on Bar.
- Having trouble getting LJlogin to log you in, even if it works just fine from LJ's website? Try going into the Privacy tab of the browser Preferences and making sure third-party cookies are enabled.
- The New Profile Dance -- This is pretty much the general-purpose "LJlogin mysteriously stopped working" fix, especially for Windows users whose profiles get messed up remarkably often for no reason I've ever been able to figure out.
- Password Exporter extension, which is useful for doing clean exports/imports of your passwords, for times when copying the password database files doesn't work because the files themselves are messed up somehow.
- Why LJlogin logins don't work with ScrapBook.