Thankfully, there's more information for at least the big issue I'd found, so now that my back's against the wall and I'm stuck waiting to upgrade until I get this thing done, I should be able to get back to it. I still can't really cite a timeframe yet, but rest assured that it is now being worked on again.
In the meantime, frozen_solid has unexpectedly taken some initiative. Neither he nor I offer any guarantees, and there may be some glitches, but it might possibly serve as a temporary stop-gap measure until I can finish the new version. My thanks to him for his efforts.